Monday, October 11, 2021

This Day In History.....Live From New York

On October 11, 1975 the first episode of Saturday Night Live aired. 

George Carlin was the host. The cast included Dan Aykroyd, John Belushi, Chevy Chase, Jane Curtin, Garrett Morris, Laraine Newman, Michael O'Donoghue, Gilda Radner (and a man named George Coe, who never appeared on the show again). There were two musical guests-Billy Preston and Janis Ian.

Here's the monologue from that very first show. Even after 46 years I still it's still pretty funny.

8 comments:

  1. Out of the 9 cast members, Carlen, and 2 musical guests, 6 are dead. And speaking of, if my Dad were still with us he would have been 105 today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those were the greatest! I watch now, but it's way too juvenile for me. Toilet humour, and all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that the show has gone way downhill. I wonder if it's because after so many years they've covered every possible topic.

      Delete