Thursday, April 8, 2021

Botheration!

A couple of weeks ago I decided I was tired of some of our everyday cloth napkins. I tossed them in the Goodwill pile and bought three new pairs at a local thrift store. 

It's been great to see fresh colors and patterns on the table at dinnertime. However, one of the sets has an interesting problem. They're made out of the same material, and appear to be cut on the grain. So why does one of them come out of the dryer relatively wrinkle-free and the other one wrinkles badly around the edges?

(Because it's just Hubby Tony and me it's not worth pulling out the iron to correct the problem. I just smooth out the wrinkles to the best of my ability, fold both napkins, and put them in the drawer.)

 Five years ago today: Day Lily Determination

12 comments:

  1. This would be so far down my things to think about list I'd have to live to 150 to get to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My tiny touch of OCD is offended by the wrinkles, but I'm learning to let it go.

      Delete
  2. It's annoying when cloths do that and a puzzlement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's because they are married !!!

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand! I have a sweater that does that on the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Different sewers. The puckered napkin is sewn on a machine with far greater tension.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Before I published the post I mentally bet myself that Joanne would know the answer. I guess I won my bet :-)

      Delete
  6. I agree with Joanne, it has to be the way they are sewn. And I'm totally with you when it comes to just smoothing them out. No way I'm going to iron a napkin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As a child my job was to iron my father's handkerchiefs (which I guess is first cousin to a napkin), but once that went away I think I can count on one hand the times I've pressed a square of material.

      Delete
  7. Stop in from Christine. I do like table with cloth and use cloth napkins.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete