Thursday, March 11, 2021

Love That Popcorn!

I was talking to someone today who worked at a center for seniors, programming daily activities for them. She told me that today was Popcorn Lovers Day, and the seniors at her center were going to celebrate by having a popcorn taste test and ranking event. I came home and told Hubby Tony about my conversation. He said it would be a great idea if we observed the day too. It didn't take me long to agree. (We take turns coming up with the diet-ruining ideas.)

I wasn't sure where we could go for good popcorn, but Google reminded me that there was a store called the Kirkwood Pop Company just a couple of miles from the house. Their website menu listed 14 different flavors, pretty much evenly split between savory and sweet. 

After Tony put away his work things at the end of the day we drove to downtown Kirkwood.  A light, annoying drizzle kept us from doing more than walking quickly into the store, and back to the car when we were done. The store had all the flavors available, but quite a few of the smallest-size bag slots were empty. It was hard to decide, but eventually we decided on one sweet and one savory flavor.

Guess what we had for dessert tonight?

Five years ago today: One And Done

13 comments:

  1. After going to that much trouble, I would have gotten one bag of each flavor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A small bag ended up being a good-sized serving for one person. One of each flavor would have been A LOT! Also, the store is close enough that we can go back on a regular basis.

      Delete
  2. What a great idea. I'd love to hear what flavors you chose and what your favorite was.
    And now I want popcorn . . . ahhh, the power of suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We bought a Mexican-flavored bag and a bag of Cookies and Cream. Both divine.

      Delete
  3. We used to do microwave popcorn all the time. Now we buy Costco's brand in a box that has 28 small bags in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sam's or maybe it's Costco has a yummy chocolate drizzled popcorn that you can make ameal of if you are like me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We haven't had popcorn since my friend told me she broke a teeth on a kernel. Now I'm wanting to have popcorn again. I love sweet popcorn, but it's not good for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those kernels can be hard! We usually eat air-popped corn, which is healthy. This was a real treat.

      Delete