Sunday, March 14, 2021

St. Louis Day

I bet you've heard that March 14th has been designated as Pi (π) Day since 3, 1, and 4 are the first three significant digits of π. But unless you live in my area, you probably wouldn't know that the area code for much of this metropolitan area is 314, meaning that the day could also be known as St. Louis Day!

Wikipedia

Several local stores and restaurants were celebrating the event with sales on pies and pizzas, but Hubby Tony put together a delicious homemade dinner. Using the day as an inspiration, he made a crustless asparagus quiche (the basic dish is defined by Merriam-Webster as an unsweetened custard pie usually having a savory filling) and creamy tomato soup.

Five years ago today: Sun Up, Sun Down

16 comments:

  1. And he didn't make an impression of pi in it?! Make him start over and do another one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll pass on your comment to him for next time :-)

      Delete

  2. The pie looks great! Kudos to Tony's culinary ability!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DUTA, thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.

      Delete
  3. I baked a raisin pie early in the morning, before church services, and then Terry mentioned that pie could also mean pizza pie. Since there was an Amy's no-cheese pizza in the freezer, I decided that would be our dinner. One can never have too many kinds of pie. Quiche is just one more kind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just about to write that you had a pizza pie, but I see others have beat me to it. I wish we had one yesterday instead of just fish and chicken soup. A fruit pie would have been nice too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could always make up a different reason for some type of pie :-)

      Delete
  5. When my boys were in school, the school would celebrate Pi Day by having some of the parents bringing in pies for all of the kids. My boys always had me make their favorite for their classes. It was lots of delicious fun for all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks tasty. Save me a piece.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, your message came in too late. It's all gone.

      Delete
  7. I've never quite understood the appeal of a crustless quiche, the crust is the nicest part!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No crust means you can put more cheese on top for the same amount of calories :-)

      Delete