Sunday, October 20, 2019

Special Sink

The other day I popped into my local library to look for a book. The building had been recently renovated, and when I used the bathroom I realized they had updated that section, too. Part of the renovation was installing fancy all-in-one sinks.


I tried one of them out out. The first step is to stick your hands under the left side of the bar, which causes a squirt of soap come out. After you're finished washing your hands, you put them under the middle of the bar, which activates a stream of water to rinse them. Once all the soap is gone, you move your hands to under the drying icon at the right side of the bar, which releases a stream of warm air to dry them off.

Using the sink was so fun and unusual that I actually spent extra time cleaning my hands. I wonder if that happens to other people too-or if I'm just easily amused?

Five years ago today: Sometimes You Just Can't Win

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I hadn't thought about the hands-free aspect but you're right, it is.

      Delete
  2. Very innovative. I've not seen anything like this. However, what happens when one part quits working? Does the whole sink shut down?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good question. I would hope that a public institution would install something that would be easy to operate and fix.

      Delete
  3. I haven't seen one of these sinks yet, but I think it's such a great idea for public restrooms.

    ReplyDelete