Monday, October 7, 2019

Flip Flops Lost And Found

Last Friday was a whirlwind of cleaning and straightening to get the house ready for its listing photo session. At some point the flip flops I was wearing started slowing me down, so I kicked them off. The rest of the day I slid the shoes on when I went outside or down to the unfinished part of the basement, and back off when I was working on the main level or second floor.

When the photographer arrived I put the footwear back on to answer the door. The first thing she did when she entered the house was to remove her shoes, so I did the same thing. Because nothing could be out of place in the photographs I put them somewhere to get them out of the way. However, when the photo session was over and the photographer left I couldn't remember where that was.

An hour later when Hubby Tony got home from work we packed the car and left for our yearly couple's retreat. On Sunday when we got back I wanted to wear my comfy flip flops, but they were still missing. As the day wore on I went from checking in obvious places like the closets, to peeking under furniture, looking in between the couch cushions, and even peering into a trash can. No luck.

This morning I opened one of the cabinets above my desk. Those missing flip flops were tucked on a shelf in between two magazine holders. Right where I had put them.


Five years ago today: As Seen On The Way To Work Today....

13 comments:

  1. I know you were so happy to find them, I'm happy for you. I hate it when I can't something I've put away like that. Like you, I can't stop looking until I find it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stuff like that happens to me ALL the time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you found a new house, should you quickly sell the one you're in now? At least you didn't put your flip flops in the frig!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can only hope ours sells quickly. We're working on the second half of the equation (buying) too.

      Delete
  4. Did you laugh when you found them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I DID! And immediately sent the information to Tony, so he could laugh with me :-)

      Delete
  5. Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words, and other times you just gotta hear the back story.

    ReplyDelete