Thursday, November 15, 2018

A Lovely Way To Spend A Day

The snow that was predicted for last night came right on schedule. When my alarm went off this morning I looked out the window and saw everything was covered in white. I got dressed and came downstairs just in time to see Hubby Tony bringing in the newspaper for me to read with my breakfast. (Which he does every morning. What a wonderful guy!). He said there was about five fluffy inches on the ground.

Tony and a friend were carpooling to an event across the river in Illinois, and they had to be there shortly before lunch. Their original plan was to leave mid-morning, but thanks to the inclement weather the time got moved up and his friend was going to be at our house at 8:00. Tony was scrambling to get everything done, so I volunteered to shovel the driveway.  The snow was very light, and it took me about a half hour to do it, the front walkway, and the sidewalks. I called that my exercise for the day.

The radio announcers kept advising people to stay off of the roads if they didn't have to be somewhere, and I realized how fortunate I was to be in just that situation. Yesterday I crammed in all of my work commitments, so after Tony left I started doing all of the paperwork. When it was time I made myself lunch and ate it while surfing the web. Next I hemmed a pair of pants, cleaned up the kitchen, and did some general straightening up. I danced around to some music on the radio, made a grocery list for the bi-monthly shopping trip, and fed the cats.

About that time the snow stopped and the sun came out, but I wasn't ready to end my 'me' day yet. Pretending I still had to be stuck inside I made myself an afternoon snack, did all the word puzzles in today's newspaper, watered the house plants, and spent some more time on the computer.

All of a sudden it was time to think about dinner-and all of a sudden I was ready to get out of the house. I listened to the traffic report on the radio, which told me that people were having no problems getting around town, so I decided to combine a Costco shopping trip with a visit to their food court area and get myself a bowl of their chili. That ended up to be a great ending to a great day.

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely day. I like snow but not real cold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like being "stranded" at home, even if its some imaginary or exaggerated weather event. We don't have much severe weather here, just wind and rain mostly. Sometimes freezing rain or ice storms. And then it is good to stay off the roads. I hope it snows here this winter. It's a rare thing here, but I hope we get some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you about being stuck in the house (but if I had to do it for an extended period of time I think I would go bonkers).

      If you're hoping for snow, then I'm hoping for snow for you, too.

      Delete