Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Radiant And Red-Faced

This morning after breakfast I trimmed some bushes in the front yard, then did some weeding in the back.  I knew a storm front was coming in this afternoon (and a chance of rain every day for the next week), so even though the grass was mowed last Friday I decided to cut it again.  The temperature was about 80 degrees, but the humidity in the air made it feel hotter than that. I had to do the lawn in two sessions with a water break in between.

When I got done my clothes were sweat-soaked, and I was badly in need of a shower. Then lunch.  After all my needs were taken care of I decided to treat myself to a little pampering. Yesterday I received a box from a virtual acquaintance.  The box was filled with samples from Plush Luxe, an all-natural skin care line. I pulled out a sample of the masque, mixed it with water per the directions, and applied it to my face and neck. Based on the masque's smell it included oatmeal, so I knew that fifteen minutes later my skin would feel great.

I was just spreading on the last of the masque when I heard a polite knock at the front door. Too late, I realized the garage door was still open from my grass cutting so the person had to know someone was home.  I opened the door just enough to peek out and saw a technician for the lawn care company standing on the porch. He did a double-take when he saw me, but quickly recovered and told me he was there to apply the latest round of fertilizer to the grass. Thinking quickly, I fibbed and told him I might have come into contact with some poison ivy and was using the oatmeal as an antidote.  He said he knew what poison ivy felt like and wished me good luck.

After I closed the door I set a timer and relaxed while the masque worked its magic.  When the time was up and I rinsed it off with warm water my face and neck felt clean and refreshed.  I was ready to move on with the rest of my day.

Five years ago today: Wildwood Walk

3 comments:

  1. funny about the mask! I did some weeding last week myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My package deliveries always turn up when I am doing something deeply unattractive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was quick thinking! And the masque sounds like fun and relaxing.

    ReplyDelete