I'm not a fan of either extreme, but if I was forced to pick one it would be cold. Here are a few reasons why:
- Being too cold is easier to fix than being too warm; you just put on extra clothes.
- When you're running errands and have to park far away from the door, instead of turning into a puddle of sweat walking to the entrance you're warming yourself up.
- The cold weather kills off some of the insects, and the outside allergens come to a screeching halt.
- When I leave in the morning several hours before I head to work I can put my lunch in the car and don't have to worry about keeping it cool.
- The water from the bottle in my car is always nice and chilled. Sometimes its even icy.
- In winter I can put organic things like chicken skin, meat fat, and bones in the outside trashcan and not worry about it going rancid and stinking to high heaven.
- The piece of fruit I left in the car to eat on the way home still tastes like it came straight from the refrigerator (instead of halfway cooked).
Five years ago today: New Thing #11--So, Do You Soduku?