Sunday, December 19, 2010

If My Feet Are Happy, Then I'm Happy

When the boys were young, we used a Countdown to Christmas calendar. It had a pocket for each day that held a strip of paper with an activity that would help us get ready for Christmas. Even though I haven't used that calendar for many years, I still like the concept of spreading out the holiday activities, and try to do one or two things every day to make the season less hectic.
No matter how organized I am, the days leading up to Christmas are always hectic.  On top of the regular daily activities, there's a multitude of last-minute holiday details to take care of. However, today I was able to handle everything with ease, thanks to an early present I received from a co-worker last week--a pair of fluffy red-and-white lounge socks infused with shea butter and fragrance.

When I woke up this morning, it was gloomy and cold.  I felt the need for some pampering, so I decided to try out my new socks.  I've never had anything like these before, so I didn't know what to expect.  After I showered, I put them on and slid my feet into my house shoes. WOW! These could be the most comfortable socks ever.  I wore them as I cleaned the house, cooked, and wrapped presents.

I would have left them on them all day, but I had to leave the house for a bit and they were too thick to wear with my tennis shoes.  I put on a different pair of socks, but as soon as I got home I changed back into plush comfort.

I'll be washing these socks tonight so I can wear them again after work tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment