Even though I had an awesome Christmas, I realized this morning that I like December 26th as much as, or more than December 25th!
- All the kids are at the house for at least one more day.
- Today there aren't any expectations or commitments. The presents are opened, and the big family dinner is cooked.
- When we went to Mass this morning, we got to sing all the familiar Christmas hymns and carols. (In the Catholic church, the season of Christmas started yesterday, and it will continue until the feast of Epiphany on January 6th.)
- For breakfast I grazed on all sorts of goodies, like a gingerbread cakelet, a slice of banana bread, and a bit of lemon cake. Lunch today was thrown together with leftovers from yesterday's dinner. I cooked oven-fried rice studded with corn and chunks of roast beef, and cole slaw from extra shredded cabbage mix.
- After lunch daughter in law Nicole and I went shopping while the men watched football. We made four stops, and managed to be gone the entire game.
- Dinner was homemade pizza, pasta, and salad and I didn't have to do any of the cooking!
- The evening was filled with talking, puzzles, and games. Fun times.
sounds like you had a lovely day Kathy. All the best for the New Year, it's been great meeting you.ReplyDelete
I'm so sorry you had to miss football. I know how you love it. :-)ReplyDelete
Sounds like FUN! ....smilesReplyDelete