Friday, January 4, 2013

What's Your Type?

How many of these traits could describe you?
  • Ambitious
  • Workaholic
  • Rigidly organized 
  • Multi-tasker
  • Competitive 
  • Impatient
  • Take on more than you can handle
  • Want other people to get to the point
  • Obsessed with time management
  • Have a propensity to anger and hostility
They're all characteristics of people with Type A personalities.  Type A and Type B personality behavior was first described in the 1950s by Drs. Meyer Friedman and Ray Rosenman.  They said that high-strung Type A behavior could raise the chances of developing coronary disease.

I don't consider myself high strung, but I definitely have many of the characteristics of a Type A personality.  To find out just where I was on the Type A/Type B spectrum, I took the Type A Personality Test at Queendom.com.

The test contained 73 statements.  For each of them I had to indicate where I fell on a five-point scale (from Strongly Agree to Strongly Disagree).  When I was done I received a report with the results.  On a 100-point scale I was pleasantly surprised to see I had a score of 50...right in between the high-strung Type A and the easy-going Type B.

I'm thinking that means I have the best of both.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I got a 47! ha. I guess you're just a tad more easy going than I am...good for you!

      Delete
    2. I think I've mellowed as I've gotten older :-)

      Delete
  2. I think a couple of those characteristic could be me... sort of. I haven't thought of myself as Type A person though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to think I have the positive attributes of a Type A personality, not the negative ones.

      Delete
  3. I used to be a Type A but age has made me much more easy going too. A positive of aging at least.

    ReplyDelete