- The first half of the day was OK, but when I left work things went downhill fast. First, the car oil change appointment took fifteen minutes longer than they told me it would.
- I left the repair shop to find that traffic on Manchester Road was bumper-to-bumper and the drive home that should have been taken five minutes was doubled.
- When I got home the cats huffily announced I was late getting them their food.
- After feeding the cats (who didn't even offer a thank you) I checked on the pot of beans I started soaking after breakfast, and discovered I hadn't put enough liquid in; the halfway-rehydrated top layer stared back at me accusingly. It would now take longer to cook and I planned on having beans with ham for dinner.
- While the beans were cooking I had a forty-five minute online chat with a Tech Support representative to clear up a computer issue and discovered it wasn't the hardware; I was at fault.
- Because I was busy on the phone I didn't quarterback the beans properly. Even though the few I tested before I served them were done, some of them in the bowl I had for dinner were a little hard.
- After dinner I tried to make some changes to the contacts in my email address book, only to be told "it wasn't available at this time" and I should try again later.
- I figured some exercise might restore me to sanity, so I threw on some warm clothes and got ready to take a walk. The wires to my mp3 headphones got tangled up in my ear-warmer headband; all of a sudden I was trying to strangle myself!
That did it! Right in the middle of the kitchen I threw a tantrum. I shrieked, threw the headphones, and pounded the counter top (which is granite and hurt my hand), then apologized to Hubby Tony and the cats and sent myself to my room. I ran a nice hot bath, poured in some bath oil, then sat in the water until my toes started pruning. Afterwards I put on my night clothes and came downstairs to sit on the couch.
Pepper the cat stretched out on my lap. That, and a bowl of chocolate ice cream, made it all better.
Five Years Ago Today: New Thing #8--Hi, my name is Kathy