The steps (I was using Word 2007):
- Click on the "WordArt” icon on the Insert command tab, which will bring up the WordArt Gallery dialog box.
- Choose the style from the Gallery that suits your project.
- The Edit WordArt Text dialog box will appear
- Type in the text you want (choosing the font and text size) and click OK.
- The text is displayed in your document. The Format command tab on the ribbon shows all the available formatting options...styles, fills, outlines, shadow effects, and 3D effects I chose a simple circle from the almost three dozen different shapes.
- The program arranges the text in very flat oval shape, which can be resized with the "Size" option on the far right.