Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Taco Tuesday Twosday

I bet that you already figured out that today was 2-22-22,  a palindrome date which can be read the same way forwards or backwards. Throw in the fact that those twos all those twos happened on a Tuesday and it felt like a very unusual day.

Right after breakfast I drove Hubby Tony to the ophthalmologist's office so he could have his eye patch removed. Then we went to Costco and redeemed the reward certificate from our charge card. We had talked about celebrating Twosday by having tacos, so we headed towards one of our favorite Mexican restaurants. 

Along the way I remembered there was a new taqueria in the same strip mall and we decided to go there. However, we found out the taqueria was closed on Tuesdays. The restaurant didn't have any posted hours, but the door was locked and the lights were out. We decided to come home and eat leftovers, then get our tacos for dinner.

We did. They were excellent

Wikipedia
 Five years ago today: Reform(er) School

10 comments:

  1. How many times did you hear ARRRRGGGGG from your pirate?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never think of tacos on tuesdays. We just eat them whenever I make them, which I did twice last week. Terry also went to our favorite Mexican restaurant on Friday and got burritos we both love--carnitas for me and shredded beef for him--as well as a margarita. The restaurants in California have been allowed to continue take-out bar drinks, a hold-over from the pandemic. One of the good things that have come from it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm like you in that there's no set date for tacos, but we hadn't had them in a while and I thought it was a fun tie-in to the 'Twosday'. Our state also passed a law making permanent takeout alcoholic drinks.

      Delete
  3. I hope you each had two . . for Taco Twosday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like my tacos wrapped. I think they have a whole nother name.

    ReplyDelete