Thursday, November 19, 2020

Trending

Did you know that if you use the Google Maps app it can tell you when a particular business is most popular? For example, a typical Thursday at my local Walmart is the busiest between 4 pm and 6 pm.

 After the Google people gather all of the Maps data they compile it into trends, one of which is by the type of store. That turns out to be very helpful in figuring out what places to avoid if you want to stay away from crowds.

Google Map Trends

Five years ago today: A Tiny New Angel

14 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharingI and I saved that meme

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't have a large enough population for this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea, and that's fascinating. It's also helpful right now to know when to stay away from which businesses during the current Covid upswing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, I absolutely know about this and use it all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use it for the grocery store, and only confirmed what I already knew. Eleven o'clock is the bet time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, I've used that ... and it always tells me I'd have to get up at 5am to be at Walmart on Tuesday at 6am when they only have us older folks shopping ... but I am not that kind of morning person. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Does it show churches? They're probably never busy.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete