Tuesday, November 17, 2020

"The Sweetest Dragon You'll Ever Meet"

I'm always on the lookout for new and different foods to try, so I was excited to get a package of yellow dragon fruit in a bag of goodies.

 I've seen the fruit at the Asian market, but it was always a little intimidating looking. These packaged ones were a little friendlier looking. I learned that the easiest way to peel a dragon fruit was to cut off the ends, slice shallowly through the skin from top to bottom, then take the skin off in one piece.


 The white fruit pulp was almost translucent, and the black seeds gave it an exotic look. I chopped it, then added it to my bowl of breakfast cereal. It tasted like a cross between kiwi and watermelon. Quite yummy.

10 comments:

  1. I've never tried one. Thanks for telling us how to skin it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried one either. As soon as it's safe to shop again, I'm heading out to the store to try all kinds of new things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lesson learned, you can't judge a fruit by the packaging.
    I have never heard of Dragon Fruit. The name would put me off. If and when I see it, I'll try it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I THINK i've heard of this, but never had it. We live in a pretty white rural town!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We tried them last year from the farmers market, but they didn't have much taste. They had a red flesh too. It was very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never had it, it looks like white kiwi with the little black seeds. HeWho is not big on fruit. He thinks all fruit should be in pie form, or fried in a fritter. His. cardio diet has me making a lot of jello with fruit in it

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe I've found another Missouri blogger! I live 30 miles from Kansas City.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea for Missouri bloggers! Glad you stopped by. I'm off to read about your little corner of cyberspace.

      Delete
  8. We've had a hard time finding that around here this year, but we do like it! I add it to our salads. Yum!!

    ReplyDelete