Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Revamping Lamps

Hubby Tony and I have started looking around our house with an eye towards sprucing it up. We've come up with an ambitious list of projects ranging in size from big to small. I decided that I needed to ease into those big tasks, so as a warm up I tackled a pair of shabby-looking lamps in the family room.

We've had the the tall brass plated lamps for years. When they were new they were bright and shiny. Now they're dingy, with chipped plating and even a couple of tiny rust spots. Since polished brass is less fashionable than it used to be I decided to repaint them in a brushed nickel finish. One can of spray paint, some elbow grease, and a little bit of my time later I can cross the project off of the list.

One done, one to go
Five years ago today: The Pastor's Cat

4 comments: