Saturday, July 7, 2018

Welcoming Weather

Ten days ago Hubby Tony and I left for a trip to Northern California. While we were there we visited with nuclear family, extended family, and new family. We were also able to get some time for ourselves. The weather was beautiful the whole time.

Our plane got in mid-afternoon yesterday, and we walked out of the airport into a typical hot and humid St. Louis day. It took ten minutes for the parking lot shuttle bus to arrive, and by the time I got on my shirt was sticking to my sweaty back. The rest of the day was filled with playing with the cats, unpacking, organizing, and laundry. After dinner Tony cut the very long grass and I made a quick grocery run. We went to bed early, not even bothering to watch the local news.

This morning we continued our catching up activities. I did more laundry, and put it all away. Downloaded photos from my phone, Tony's phone, and the camera. Caught up with work emails and scheduled some jobs for the upcoming week. After lunch I realized I had some errands that had to be run, so I got ready to leave the house. When I walked out into the garage I realized that the weather had changed from the previous day. It was really nice--almost the same weather we had left behind on the West Coast!

When I got home from the errands I opened up the windows so the fresh air could come in. Based on tomorrow's forecast we'll be closing the house up again tomorrow, but I'll take the nice weather when I can get it.

Five years ago today: Bromeliaceous

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you had a nice trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Kathy I have heard you are having an unbelievably hot summer. It is winter here in Sydney Australia now, but I do remember the looonnng hot summer we had from October 2017 to May 2018 and no rain. Thankfully we are having a normal winter and little bit of welcomed rain.
    All the best
    Peggy xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our weather is predictably hot and humid from early June to late August, but I understand it was a little more extreme while we were gone. It's fascinating to me to read about people in the opposite hemisphere who are having opposite weather.

      Delete