Saturday, March 31, 2018

World Backup Day

Did you know that today is World Backup Day?  The day reminds us to stop what we're doing and back up all of our computer, tablet, and phone files.

I was surprised to learn from the World Backup Day website that:
  • 30% of people have never backed up their files
  • 29% of file disasters are caused by accident
  • 113 phones are lost or stolen every minute
  • 1 in 10 computers are infected with viruses each month
I sync my phone calendar with the one on my kitchen computer every week or so, and as part of that iTunes also backs up everything for me.  After a hard drive failure on his computer some time back, Hubby Tony bought an external hard drive to back up the laptops and the kitchen computer.  However, I sense he's not as diligent as he used to be, so this will be a good reminder to both of us.

I hope you'll be backing up things today, too

Five years ago today: Easter Greetings

8 comments:

  1. I do backup my blog every 3 or 4 months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I better do that as a person who has experienced multiple hard drive failures over the years. I do have an external drive now for back up. However, its not a very good one, and doesn't very easily just update files that have been changed. So I cringe when I think of back up time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's hoping you find an easier way to do things.

      Delete
  3. I have an external hard drive and back up the MacBook every 10 to 15 days. My iPhone backs up to the cloud. When I bought my latest iPhone, the Apple clerk knew immediately that the files were backed up on the cloud and immediately transferred the information from old phone to new one. She did make the comment, when noting my cloud backup that too many people do not avail themselves of that feature.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried backing my iPhone up to the cloud, but then I had problems syncing with my calendar (which I keep on Outlook). I decided keeping my calendar current was more important.

      However, that was several updates ago so things may have changed. I should look into it again.

      Delete
  4. It just took one hard drive crash to make me a devoted backer-upper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's what happens with most people.

      Delete