Saturday, March 10, 2018

A World In Miniature

The "General Community" section of Craigslist in a fascinating microcosm of real life. Legitimate requests are mixed in with humorous, dramatic, melancholy, and tragic ones. Some of the most interesting posts I found during a recent browsing session on the site (complete with original spelling and grammar):
  • Fridge Purge - Purged my fridge of fattening foods. Would like to help a struggling single mother. Must pick up in (City Name).
  • Looking for personal loan - I do not have good credit and am in a situation where I need a loan. Im curious are there places that have income based repay loans. Or an individual willing.
  • Please I need help - I'm looking to work I was homeless and after 4 years of homelessness with God's help I finally got a apartment but my electric is off I need some work so I can get them on if anyone can help I would be more than happy Thanks
  • Manikin - Looking for a free or cheap manikin for an art project.
  • Seeking Chessmaster - I love playing chess. The problem is that I don't know how to plan a good strategy, so I kinda suck. I know how the pieces move, and that white goes first, but beyond that not so much. So I'm wanting to find someone that is really really good. If you would be willing to help me with my chess game, drop me an email.
  • NRA Life Membership - I'm a life member of the NRA, and looking to sell it. I have my reasons, and feel someone else would appreciate it more than I do. A life membership costs $1,500 straight from the NRA, so you're getting this at a deal. The price is firm. All it would take to take it is a quick name and address change in their files. The same as if you were to pass it on to one of your children. You will get everything I got when I bought the membership, except my member certificate. I doubt you would be interested in that anyway.
  • Free potbelly pig - Free friendly male pig. He likes people and other animals I just don't have time for him.
  • Looking for doctor to help me lose weight. - I need to lose a lot of weight so I'm looking for a doctor that can start me on contrave or something like it. I wasn't sure where to post this so I thought I would start here. Let me know if you can help or know of a doctor that can. Thank you.
  • huassment - have you been stopped on the road ways by a security or feel they are just with a lot of harassment trying to play cops the i want to hear from you some security companys are out of control i will tell you how to put a stop to them and want they can really do
Five years ago today: Not Perfect, But It'll Do

5 comments:

  1. Interesting section of Craigslist, I never looked at that part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have time to kill I'd recommend it. Worth a chuckle.

      Delete
  2. Wow. Come get my junk food. Actually, pretty sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny thing is that I could actually imagine myself doing that (if I had junk food in the house to get rid of).

      Delete
  3. I haven't looked at Craigslist in such a long time. My goodness! What interesting posts.

    ReplyDelete