Friday, October 23, 2015

A Taste Of Fall

For the past two weeks I've had two nice-sized Halloween pumpkins on the kitchen island. They look nice there, but this location is just temporary.  Because the front door faces west I can't put them on the porch yet.  If I do the afternoon sun will make them rot before Halloween.

Yesterday the high temperature was 84° and it still felt like summer. Overnight a cold front came through and the weather turned fall-like.  The blustery winds that blew dead leaves through a cloud-filled sky got me in the mood for pumpkin-cooked something, and I decided to sacrifice one of the pumpkins to the cause.  After cutting, seed scooping, roasting, rind removing, pulp processing, draining, and packaging the freezer now holds four full bags of pumpkin puree (plus another partial bag) as well as a container of pumpkin liquid.  There's also a plastic container of roasted pumpkin seeds in the pantry.

After all that work the pumpkin-cooked something will have to wait until later.

pumpkin puree
Five years ago today: Feature Attraction

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yep, all that work will pay off over the next few months.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. My freezer is newly restocked with organic chicken stock and a massive green uedge stock. Makes me happy.

      Delete
    2. That would make me happy, too.

      Delete