Friday, July 3, 2015

Bee Afraid?

This evening after dinner Hubby Tony cut the grass, and I did the trimming around the edges. As usual, I was using a pair of hand grass clippers, which I much prefer to noisy weed eaters.

When I got to the perennial bed that runs down one side of the back yard, I wasn't paying attention as I squatted down to clip the patch of tall grass next to the coneflowers.  All of a sudden a large bumblebee buzzed past just inches from my face.  He didn't seem angry, just annoyed I'd disturbed his meal.



3 comments:

  1. I thought you were going to tell us that you got stung. The coneflowers are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you are safe! Lovely flowers, the bees do love those. They are about to bloom here, but not as yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought for sure you were going to say you got stung! I'm allergic to bee stings, so I'm always very nervous around them.

    ReplyDelete