Monday, June 17, 2019

Nothing New Under The Fashion Sun

I was at the mall the other day, and almost laughed out loud when I saw that the mannequin was wearing a fanny pack around her waist! How 1980's.


Back at home, a Google search revealed that the correct term for the accessory is now 'belt bag' or 'waist bag', but it's still the same thing with a different name.

Years ago I had several fanny packs. Eventually I got rid of  all of them but one, an orange and black nylon model with two zippered compartments-the large main section and another thin one on top. It comes in handy to hold my cell phone when I do yard work.


I'm rarely on the cutting edge of fashion, but if I wear my fanny pack out in public I guess I would be.

Five years ago today: Phone Vs Phone

13 comments:

  1. I love them, hope they are back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can't beat the convenience of carrying things hands-free.

      Delete
  2. And just recently I read a snide "How 80's" remark about fanny packs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So maybe this new trend isn't everyone's cup of tea?

      Delete
  3. I love my fanny pack and use it when I go walking. I understand it's not called a fanny pack in England because "fanny" in England is the other end of a woman's body.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's interesting how each area of the world puts its own spin on ideas and phrases.

      Delete
    2. Hmmmm ... that's what I thought when you called it fanny pack.

      God bless.

      Delete
    3. Victor, I hope you weren't offended.

      Delete
    4. Moi? Offended? Mais non ... pas du tout!

      God bless.

      Delete
  4. I enjoyed your post, it brought some fun memories of wearing my own fanny pack back in the day.

    I've thought about it recently when I took Grandson to the park and I had to figure out how to have my id and car keys handy without carrying my purse.

    I hope you have a wonderful Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anything that lets you carry your things hands (and purse) free is great to have!

      Delete
  5. Why haven't I ever thought of using my FANNY PACK (lol) to hold my cellphone while I work in the gardens?! You are so smart, Kathy! Now to figure out which storage tub it's in.... :D

    Hugs and blessings to you! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still have one of those 80's fanny packs. I knew it would come around again! Now I can wear it with fashion pride!

    ReplyDelete