Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Has It Been Ten Years Already?

In 2009 and 2010 I worked as a temporary Enumerator for the United States Census Bureau (each time for about a month). It was interesting work, and I'm glad I did it.

As you probably know, the Census comes around every ten years. When I saw an ad on social media that they were hiring for the 2020 version I decided to fill out an application. (If you're interested, too, you can find more information here.)

The online application process took about a half hour. I gave them some basic information, signed the form electronically, then took an online assessment that asked me to rate myself on my job and "getting along with people" skills.

After everything was done, I learned that the next step might not happen for several weeks or months. But eventually I should get a phone interview. As part of today's application I indicated I was a former Census worker. I wonder if that will help me go to the head of some line.

Five years ago today: Snow, Snow Go Away

8 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy - these things come around don't they ... I sure hope you get the job - chorish, but always interesting to see behind the scenes. Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did enjoy the "behind the scenes" part of the job last time, and also got paid to exercise as I walked from area to area.

      Delete
  2. That would be interesting work, I would think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my opinion, which seldom is humble, being a former worker will put you right at the head of the line.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you get it. I'd think that having done it before would serve as proof that you're certainly capable of getting along with people. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete