Sunday, March 11, 2018

Changing The Hands Of Time

FoxTrot
Today marks the beginning of Daylight Saving Time. At 2 a.m. we "sprung forward" an hour to be able to shift more of the natural daylight to the evening.

Half of the clocks in our house are smart and reset themselves, but the rest need to be done manually. This morning I walked from room to room changing those that had the incorrect time (and made a second sweep in the afternoon when I realized I had forgotten a couple).  Over the past few months there have been a few power outage blips, after which clocks were reset to "close enough" time.  While I was at it, I also adjusted those too.

Most of manual-change models are intuitive, but there are a couple that I can never remember how to do.  One is  the clock/radio/CD player in the kitchen. I couldn't find the instructions. After both Hubby Tony and I randomly pushed buttons and rotated knobs with no effect I asked Google. A search for the make and model number gave me a PDF of the instructions.  Before I used them I downloaded the file to my computer.

Will I remember its there next time I'm looking for the information?

4 comments:

  1. I used to hate going through this all the time when we lived in Illinois. We don't have to worry about his now that we live in Hawaii, but I have to remember before I call our kids in Illinois and D.C.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had the same problem when Son Tony lived in Arizona (which doesn't change observe DST). Half the year he was one time zone off from us; the other half it was two zones.

      Delete
  2. I have the same problems as you, it is a nuisance switching the clocks. I go around with my phone to ensure I set a consistent time throughout the house based on my phone time.

    ReplyDelete