Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Dreams Of Hope

I think you might have to live under a rock not to be aware of what's going on in Ferguson Missouri and the greater the St. Louis metropolitan area right now. Last night the grand jury in the Michael Brown case decided not to indict Darren Wilson, the police officer who shot him. Before he announced the verdict, the County Prosecutor detailed the work of the grand jury, and revealed how there were inconsistencies between some witness testimony and the physical evidence. He offered condolences to Michael Brown's family, saying that “No young man should ever die."

His words of consolation didn't help.  Almost immediately after the verdict was read peaceful protests began.  So did trouble.  We've had civil disturbance and rioting in several areas.  I spent a good part of the morning getting caught up on all the events, but when I found myself getting anxious and overwhelmed I decided to declare a temporary personal moratorium on any radio station, TV station, or website that was discussing the events. 

In the middle of all the chaos I decided to go through the posts in my reader.  When I got to Christine's Blog I realized her message of hope was just what I needed to see, and asked if I could share it.


Five years ago today: Giving Thanks

3 comments:

  1. Kathy I'm glad you find some consolation in the art piece. The story is all over the news here tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice. Beautiful piece of artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard about the verdict last night, and wondered how you were faring there. I'm glad you found something to make you feel better. It really is quite a nice art piece.

    ReplyDelete