Tuesday, January 22, 2013

BRRRRR!

Last summer we had record-setting heat.  Now, the temperature isn't close to setting any records, but today's low of 12° will be the coldest of the season.  And the cold stuff is predicted to stick around for a few days.

I'm not a fan of either extreme, but if I was forced to pick one it would be cold.  Here are a few reasons why:

  • Being too cold is easier to fix than being too warm; you just put on extra clothes.
  • When you're running errands and have to park far away from the door, instead of turning into a puddle of sweat walking to the entrance you're warming yourself up.
  • The cold weather kills off some of the insects, and the outside allergens come to a screeching halt.
  • When I leave in the morning several hours before I head to work I can put my lunch in the car and don't have to worry about keeping it cool.
  • The water from the bottle in my car is always nice and chilled.  Sometimes its even icy.
  • In winter I can put organic things like chicken skin, meat fat, and bones in the outside trashcan and not worry about it going rancid and stinking to high heaven.
  • The piece of fruit I left in the car to eat on the way home still tastes like it came straight from the refrigerator (instead of halfway cooked).

Five years ago today: New Thing #11--So, Do You Soduku?

7 comments:

  1. I'd pick cold, too! You can always put on another layer and have something hot to drink. Sleeping is better too...another blanket. I hate to sweat, too. ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good try but I'm not convinced. Except for the warm blankets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know that I'M convinced either, but I gotta keep trying :-)

      Delete
  3. We've been hearing all the reports on TV about the record cold spells on the mainland. The wind chills are awful. I wish we could send you some of our warmth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some Hawaiian warmth would be great right about now.

      Delete
  4. I agree Kathy. It has been very hot here and hard to remain cool. I would prefer it to be too cold for all the reasons you state.

    ReplyDelete