Thursday, January 10, 2013

And I Didn't Have To Say A Thing...

Yesterday at the mall Customer Service desk a woman came up to me and said she was having trouble with a gift card she'd received over the holidays. She was visibly upset and I did my best to calm her down, explaining I could check the status of the card online. While I was logging into the software a second customer came up, almost pushing the first woman aside to ask me where the nearest restroom was.

I hate rude people and normally I'd explain I'd be with her in just a few minutes. This time, though I didn't have to. The first lady whipped her head around and snarled "can't you see she's busy?" The change in her demeanor was so extreme (think Jekyll and Hyde) that the second woman backed off, turned around, and left.

5 comments:

  1. Maybe she was about ready to pee her pants? That's happened to me and it's not fun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about that, but you can get your questions answered without being rude.

      Delete
  2. Wow, the first lady sounds like she was having a moment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. never a dull moment at customer service!

    ReplyDelete