Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Weird

At the gym I go to, the group exercise room is enclosed by glass walls on two sides, which makes the room open and airy.  Outside the room there's a wide walkway, then the first of several rows of exercise machines.

Today in the middle of my Zumba class, I noticed a man (I'm guessing about 20 years older than me) sitting at the leg press machine almost directly behind me.  Nothing unusual there. The machine gets a lot of use, which I see because I like to stand in the back left corner of the room directly under a ceiling fan. However, the man kept sitting there for five minutes after he had finished his repetitions.  Was he resting?  Thinking?  Surely he wasn't watching the group of middle-aged women shaking their booties behind the glass walls of the group exercise room!

I like to pretend my body moves as well as it did when I was in my 20s.  However, that fantasy lasts until I look into the mirrors that line the other two sides of the room, which brings me back to reality pretty quickly.

At some point, he moved on and the class ended.  I headed for the locker room to shower and get ready for work.  Although I looked around the gym when I left, I didn't see the man anywhere.  That's probably a good thing.

1 comment:

  1. well I think it's a good thing we're all still shaking our booties, however we look!

    ReplyDelete