Today I was browsing through Facebook and saw a post on my Buy Nothing group that someone was gifting a large stack of Fiestaware. The photo that went with the post showed a stack of assorted size plates in the riot of colors I've always hoped for, so I responded that if she chose me I would pick out colors I didn’t have in my current dishes and add my discards to the stack and repost.
About forty five minutes later I got a message that I had been gifted the plates, and forty five minutes after that I was carrying the bags up to the condo. It was so much fun to go through them and increase the cabinet dishware palette. Now each stack of plates has eight unique colors. I told Tony they make the stacks of cereal bowls with some duplicates look blah and I might have to be on the lookout for some bowl replacements.
|
| Fiestaware (and glass bowls on the top right) |

Colour is indeed happiness, as are the small things. :)
ReplyDeleteIf you're happy with the small things the big things will take care of themselves.
DeleteThis is great!-Christine cmkk79.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteI love this. ❤️
ReplyDeleteColourful, attractive plates and dishes make such a difference, even just in the cupboard.
ReplyDeleteI smile every time I open that cabinet now.
DeleteA riot of colour! Yes, they'll be fun to use!
ReplyDeleteWhat my DIL would give for that bounty! I always enjoy eating there because I get to choose what color (plate) I feel like that day.
ReplyDeleteI love that your daughter in law lets you choose.
DeleteHow exciting for you. I've always wanted Fiesta Ware, but have never purchased any. My cabinets are too full of dishes as it is, but I think they are so colorful and fun...
ReplyDeleteThe original sets were a replacement for dishes I had received for a wedding present oh so long ago, which had dwindled in numbers over the years.
DeleteHow fun! and for free!
ReplyDeleteI know!
DeleteMy friend a collection of colorful Fiesta ware on a huge plate display rack in her kitchen. I love it, but stilluse my Corelle. What a nice idea, your Buy Nothing group.
ReplyDeleteI love Buy Nothing. I have given and received so many things from them, but this has to be one of the most memorable.
DeleteHow fun and practical was all that! Like your own personal yard sale. Enjoy!!
ReplyDelete"My own personal yard sale" :-)
DeleteHow fun! I like fiesta ware but don't have any.
ReplyDeleteThey're so bright and colorful! I only have two plates left. I need to find more. They're also very old, leftover from my corelleware college days.
ReplyDelete