Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Time For Reading

I feel like there's a lot of blog hopping and cross pollination out there, so you may already know this, but earlier in the week Victor S E Moubarak of the blog Time For Reflections posted that he had just released the book Take Care Of My Sheep, a collection of short stories starring Father Ignatius, a priest living in an unnamed northern English town in the 1950s and early 1960s.

I'm not in book buying mode right now (we're battling mildew on the bookshelves in the basement again, so I'm actually purging), but I enjoyed the sample story Victor included in his post. I clicked over to the Amazon link, found out that the book came in hard copy and (VERY INEXPENSIVE) Kindle versions. I'm now the proud owner of a new e-book.

The book is a fast read. Some of the stories are more overtly religious than others, referring to specific Catholic practices. However, others are just heartwarmingly sweet. I suggest you check it out.

Five years ago today: STUPID!

2 comments:

  1. Good to know you enjoyed the book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How kind of you Kathy to mention my book here and for the very nice review. I hope you enjoy my book. Most stories there are based on real life events of priests I have known.

    Thanx also for visiting my Blog. I normally post humourous stories there to attract new readers.

    God bless you, Kathy.

    ReplyDelete