Thursday, January 11, 2018

Here's To Many More

Today is my ten year blogging anniversary! How did that happen?

If you're new here, the backstory is that shortly before my 49th birthday in 1998 I heard a radio story that made me want to celebrate entering the next decade of my life. I started a "new thing a day" project, and instead of being apprehensive about turning the big 5-0 I embraced it. And had a lot of fun along the way.

Since then I have posted 2,419 times (373 on the original blog and 2046 here). Thanks to blogging I have virtual friends in several countries. While documenting my life I've greatly improved my computer skills and learned a little bit about innumerable random topics.

It's been a lot of fun, and I look forward to many more years.

Five years ago today: Where Does The Time Go?

10 comments:

  1. I remember your first blog. That's how I found you. Last November was my 10th blogoversary. I used to make note of the date, but have since just let it pass, unannounced. I have no idea how long this will continue, but I just keep pecking away over here on the left coast, telling the stories of my days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually don't stop to commemorate my anniversary, but this was kind of a milestone one. It's interesting that you started just a couple of months before I did; I remember thinking that you were quite the expert when I started following you.

      Delete
  2. Gosh! I totally forgot about the blogaversary. This will be my 10th year also. I can celebrate it on March 1st since it isn't leap year which is when I started. How funny that we all started around the same time. Congratulations! I'm so glad I met you all those years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It IS interesting that so many long-lived blogs started at about the same time.

      Delete
  3. Congrats Kathy, here's to many more years. I think my 10th will be this August.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're yet ANOTHER example of a blog that's been around for a long time!

      Delete
  4. Time flies, doesn't seem like its been that long.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 10 years Kathy! The amount of posts in that time is commendable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Lately I think I should be posting more, but it is what it is.

      Delete