Monday, October 16, 2017

No Phone. No Problem?

For the past few weeks Hubby Tony has been having trouble charging his cell phone. The problem became critical over the weekend, and matter what he did the phone would not charge. Eventually he gave up and decided to buy a new one online through our carrier. Until it arrives he will be without.

Today was the first work day Tony was phoneless.   I didn't think it would impact me so much.

Several times during the day today I had a question for him. Normally I'd just send him a quick text, but of course with no phone he wouldn't be able to see it.  The issue was too minor to bother him on his work phone, but even if it was more major I didn't remember the number.  In the eight years he's been at this office I think I've called him once.

Tonight our church was having a missionary speaker, and at the last minute I decided to go.  As I gathered up my things to leave the house I tried to figure out the best way to let Tony know where I was in case he got home first.  We're out of the habit of leaving each other notes, so I didn't know if he would even look around for one. In the end I jotted some information on the corner of the flyer, then taped it at eye level on the garage screen door.


Thank goodness the phone is scheduled to arrive by mid-week.  I don't know if I want to go back to the old days permanently!

Five years ago today: Pillow Inspiration

9 comments:

  1. It’s amazing how important our smartphones have become, I am becoming more adept with them as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, we are addicted. (especially those of us who surrendered our landlines years ago.) ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have a land line, which I give out to 'solicitor' types. I use caller ID to screen the calls, so I never have to talk to anyone I don't want to.

      Delete
  3. Terry inherits my old iPhones. The speaker on his died this past weekend so Monday morning found us at the Apple store getting a new iPhone for me and Terry taking my old iPhone. Unfortunately, it's been a hassle opening all of my apps on the new phone as I have to remember all of the passwords I have on each account.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have the same problem! Way back when I used to not cache my passwords, so I was forced to enter them each time (and consequently remember them). Then I started having too many to deal with and took the easy way out.

      Delete
    2. Fortunately, Apple products do save the passwords but the first time, it asks for them. Then, the apps contact me and ask for me to prove myself. It has been frustrating.

      Delete