Saturday, October 15, 2016

Browsing The Browsers

Do you check your blog statistics?

I admit I probably don't do it as often as I should, but the other day I stopped by the Blogger Overview page before I a started a new post. There were some interesting traffic sources and I clicked over onto the detail page, which breaks out page views by country, operating systems, and browsers.

I wasn't surprised to see that the vast majority of my readers come from the United States, but a large handful of people in Spain also stopped by for a visit.  Russia, Canada, France China, Germany, Vietnam, and Australia also dropped in.

All the big operating systems were represented, but I saw that most of the readers here tend to use Windows (63%), followed by Macintosh (14%), Linux, Android, iPad, iPhone, and Unix each had six percent or less.

The biggest surprise was the variety of browsers, including a couple I had never heard of.  Remember when Internet Explorer was the only thing going?  Now, at 8% it matched Safari use, but was behind Chrome (41%) and Firefox (31%) in popularity.   Bringing up the rear with 2% or less each were Mobile, Maxthon, Opera, and Silk.

5 comments:

  1. I'm one of the Safari on a Mac readers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sometimes check but not very often, I should go there now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I look at stats every day, but mostly to prevent hanky panky. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I should check mine, haven't in ages. It's interesting, especially the countries!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Almost never! I suppose I should mosey on over now!

    ReplyDelete