Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Frittering

After breakfast I was supposed to be gearing up for today's house-window-washing extravaganza, but instead I was getting distracted by all the new things waiting for me online.  (Ten new emails in my inbox!  Eighteen new blog posts in my reader!  Thirty one new status updates on Facebook!)  I justified my preoccupation by telling myself I was just waiting for the angle of the sun to change so the kitchen windows didn't get all streaky when I clean them, but I knew that really wasn't true.  I was just having trouble getting motivated.

As I scrolled through all those new Facebook updates I saw that several friends had posted their results from a test called Which Side Of Your Brain Is More Dominant?.  I decided it couldn't hurt for me to see what it was about, too. (All in the interest of knowing more about myself, right?  Definitely not to waste more time!) The quiz had questions about a turning figure, choosing colors, picking out the most appealing picture from an array, which picture was similar to another, which direction I crossed my hands and legs, and which eye was dominant.

Based on the quick test, I found out that neither side of my brain is more dominant; I use both sides equally.


The information interesting but try as I might I couldn't figure out how to apply the results to my cleaning task for the day, so I reluctantly moved away from the computer and got to work.

4 comments:

  1. checking all these things do take up time, lol. I don't know if you picked up this comment I left on your last post, here it is again: Kathy I thought you would like this blog http://whenweedswhisper.blogspot.ca/2015/05/weeding-is-harvesting.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the link, Christine. Some great ideas there.

      Delete
  2. I keep getting these tests from friends to know what color I am, what kind of oersonality, flower, etc. I don't bother anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually ignore them, too--except when I'm lazy or procrastinating :-)

      Delete