Friday, July 2, 2010

Step Away From The Screen

The preschool where I work holds classes year round.  Since the school is inclusion-based, the special needs children have less disruption in their schedule; they can continue to receive their therapies no matter what month the calendar says it is, and the typically-developing children get to keep seeing their friends each day.

School was over for the year yesterday, and the new year starts a week from Monday.  Many of the students in my classroom are going to kindergarten in the fall, so the last day of school featured a graduation ceremony, complete with recognitions, diplomas and special awards for all.  The parents (and sometimes the complete families) of the graduates were in attendance, video cameras and still cameras working overtime. After the ceremony there was a short reception, then everyone went their separate ways.

Now I have a whole week off!  Time to futz around, eat rich food, and do some things I don't usually get to do.  In order to fit in all these exciting activities, I'm taking a computer break and putting myself on an Internet vacation.  I'm going to stay away from the computer as much as possible, which will be hard for me to do.  How will I know what's going on with all my Facebook friends and my blogging buddies?  I'll miss out on all my important emails, and my Junk folder will be full of messages from people who want me to train for a new career, invest some of my money with them, or buy ED drugs.  

However, I have no doubt the fresh air and sunshine I'll get when I'm not sitting in front of my computer screen will be good for me.  See you next week!

1 comment:

  1. A whole week off the computer? I don't think I could do it! ha. Enjoy the sunshine and wonderful week of relaxing!

    ReplyDelete