Thursday, October 8, 2026

Taking Baby Steps

Foster Cat Tilapia came to live with us one week ago. Hubby Tony and I quickly learned she is very skittish. Her favorite place to hang out is under the bed, where she spends most of her time, but last night sometime about midnight when I got up to use the bathroom Tilapia was curled up at the bottom of the mattress. She followed me into the bathroom and rubbed against my legs (a cat's way of showing affection) while I was sitting on the toilet, but as soon as I started walking back to bed she ran away. Hubby Tony said the same thing happened to him later in the night.

Today Tilapia came out from her hidey hole for several short visits, but always skedaddled as soon as she perceived she was noticed. Tonight I was sitting on the couch when I heard a commotion behind me. Soon I saw the cat coming around the corner. I sat very quietly while she walked over the fireplace hearth and jumped up on the cedar chest to look out the open window.

Once again, as soon as she saw I was looking at her Tilapia left the room. This time, though, she staged herself in the entrance to the living room, where she could see what was going on and still have an easy exit to her safe place.

Five years ago: No Nuking Now

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, she's so stinkin' cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!-Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, she'll be hanging all over you, purring non-stop, by this time tomorrow, I predict. You won't be able to move without her.

    ReplyDelete