Tuesday, September 1, 2026

Wisdom From A Blog Buddy

 This morning Shug introduced me to her new made up word, whimmydiddled, which is what happens when your well-planned out day doesn't go as planned. Little did I know it when I read the post this morning that a couple of hours later I would be whimmydiddled myself.

It was too hot to be outside, so Hubby Tony and I went to the mall to walk. I drove. Forty five minutes later we were ready to run a couple of errands before coming home, but the car battery was dead. I called AAA for service and learned that a conversation with a real person had now been replaced by texting with a chatbot. The procedure was actually easy and efficient so I didn't mind, but the air in the parking garage was so still by the time the procedure was over I had sweat running down the back of my neck. 

Tony had a dentist appointment, so after he learned it would take almost an hour for a roadside technician to show up he walked home to pick up his car. Fortunately I didn't have anything on my calendar so I went back inside the mall to stay cool and kill time. I received regular texts and a couple of phone calls updating me about the progress.

When the service technician arrived he used a handheld computer to confirm that my battery was indeed in need of replacement. It took less than fifteen minutes for him to remove the old one and put in a shiny new model. Payment took another five minutes and I was free to go.

The whole process definitely wasn't what I had planned. I hope I won't be whimmydiddled again any time soon. 

21 comments:

  1. Yay for AAA roadside assistance. It has saved us so many times. We even have long distance towing due to the age of our cars and where we go with them. And, we have had a few battery replacements over the years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I received a AAA membership when I started driving at 16, and it's been active ever since.

      Delete
  2. This word is hilarious. Glad this situation got sorted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thrilled to get in my car and hear the engine spring into life, thanks to the new battery.

      Delete
  3. I am also glad the situation has gotten sorted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boy.. glad you were able to get it all sorted..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I HATE car issues! Fortunately, this one wasn't too bad.

      Delete
  5. just saying this word sure made me feel better about my schedule change. Sorry this happened....You always have such a great attitude and even in the words you write, you seem so calm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was perfect that if your battery had to go that it went there where you were able to be in air conditioning while you waited, and hubby was still able to make his appointment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a funny word. Glad it worked out ok for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The good thing is you overcame the whimmydiddle and lived to talk about it!
    Fun story.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Things often don't go as planned and we get whimmydiddled.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So based on the number of times Shug's word was used in this post and comments it might become trending :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really shouldn't let stuff like this rattle my cage, but I do. Whimmydiddled, whew! At least you had a cool place in which to retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That word is an instant classic—though talk about bad timing to learn it!

    Having sweat rolling down your neck while dealing with car troubles is no fun, but retreating into the cool mall was definitely the pro move. Glad the new battery was swapped out in record time and you weren’t stuck for too long. Hoping for zero whimmydiddling on your calendar this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh that must be so annoying dear Kathy !
    i can imagine how you must have felt as recently i am facing circumstances not different than yours
    big hugs and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I found out recently that texting with a chat bot is more efficient than making a call and saves hours of wasted time and earache!
    I'm glad you're problem was resolved.
    😘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Xanadu, thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!

      Delete