|
| Source |
I wish I could be excited about the beginning of September as she is, but in my part of the country the forecast for the rest of the week shows some of the hottest temperatures of the summer! As one of the local meteorologists stated, thanks to a heat dome of upper-level high pressure it will be "hard core" summer, with high temperatures somewhere between 95° and 100° Fahrenheit. The only positive is that the humidity isn't crazy high so there won't be much of a heat index factor.
The heat would be annoying if it came in July, traditionally the hottest month of the year, but in my mind it's even worse now because it's coming so late in the season. Traditionally things start cooling off by Labor Day (the first Monday in September).
Until further notice outside walking and exercising are being put on hold. Hubby Tony and I will be finding inside activities to do.
Five years ago today: Vet Visit Etiquette
Stay cool!-Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteI can totally relate. It is SO hot here too.
ReplyDeleteThink cool thoughts!
DeleteWe had a very hot summer, but the weather has finally cooled off somewhat to the high 70's or low 80's during the day. Our mornings are delightful in the high 60's. But we have been fooled before- mid September can get hot again.
ReplyDeleteI understand your disappointment. I would be too and most years, that's how we feel. But this summer we've been cooler than normal ( still 90-100) but we only had a couple of heat waves. Its an El Nino year so I'm thinking our fall/winter rains might arrive early.
ReplyDeleteStay cool. Thankfully you have AC. 😎
I don't know what I would do without air conditioning!
DeleteIt is just too hot, isn't it? Here's the thing, try to get out for a walk as soon as the sun comes up. Get back home and then, shower and have coffee! Stay cool!
ReplyDeleteThat's a good idea, and I've tried it a couple of times, but I come home tired then don't do anything the rest of the day.
DeleteThe heat is crazy hot-we were 104 degrees yesterday plus humidity-same here 100's most every day this week-stay cool and safe
ReplyDelete"104 degrees plus humidity"-YUCK!
DeleteKay of Musings: I’m visiting my daughter in Illinois right now and it’s sure warm over here but with lots of rain and thunder and lightning. Very different weather from Hawaii.
ReplyDeleteI also welcome the arrival of the Bers. Fall is my favourite time of the year. This year, however I feel like I hardly been able to enjoy summer so I’m not sure. I’m ready to let it go.
ReplyDeleteAfter reading your post it DOES sound like you've had a busy time!
DeleteHow disappointing and frustrating that temperatures are not becoming more bearable for you.
ReplyDeleteThank you :-)
DeleteYour post is a bit of chuckle for me...it cooled off enough to go out and work in the yard on Monday. Same with Tuesday. Terry is planning to work in the front yard on Wednesday. He would probably be out there right now, in fabulous 60(F) degree weather but it's cardiac rehab day so he's out the door early for that. I'm using the day to run errands, which this time basically means grocery shopping. We've eaten all the food again.
ReplyDeleteIt does seem like our areas have swapped weather right now.
Delete99 degrees here today , the "feels like' they say this week will be 106-109. Walking to my mailbox makes me sweat like crazy. We have a lovely patio that we cant use. Winter take me away!!
ReplyDeleteYou'll be sitting pretty when the rest of us are shivering in the below-freezing parts of the country.
DeleteUnpredictability is becoming, well, predictable, isn't it?
ReplyDeleteI hadn't thought about it that way but you're absolutely right.
DeleteIt stays hot for too darn long.
ReplyDeleteI agree.
DeleteOh, Kathy, my heart goes out to you! The temperatures here in Montreal have become cooler and comfortable, but this can change very quickly! Please stay safe and well hydrated.
ReplyDeleteThank you. Water has been my BFF the past few days.
DeleteShaking my head, because just yesterday morning my new doc suggested I resume my walking exercises around the park once more. The 97-degree temps are one thing, but coupled with humidity? That's a hard 'no.'
ReplyDelete97 degrees and humidity is a very dangerous combination.
DeleteI don’t get excited until October 1!
ReplyDeleteOur hot season is longer than it used to be; back in the 1980s and 1990s Labor Day was the end of the really hot weather.
Delete