Because I can remember random facts about 1970s disco better than I can remember what I did last week I immediately recognized the song "I Feel Love" by Donna Summer, which includes the profound lyrics:
As the song was ending Tony returned and we got ready to leave. However, the music wasn't finished. The next tune was "The Hustle", another one embedded in my brain with lyrics that are even more profound :
(Are you singing along in your head yet?🤣)
I quickly realized that our route across the parking lot would take us right past the source of the music, which turned out to be coming from the speakers of a huge white pickup truck driven by a man who looked to be about my age. He was pulling out of his parking space as I walked past, and he noticed that I was doing a little bop to the music.
As he drove away the man told me he played disco everywhere he went because it was the greatest music ever.
Somehow I don't think everyone would agree with his assessment or his method of sharing his love.Five years ago: Constructive Wait Time
I was never really into the disco scene, but I knew the songs, and the beat definitely made you want to dance. By the time disco arrived, I was pregnant with small children, and the only dancing I did was with the kids.
ReplyDeleteDisco is fine but I rather like the Big Hair Bands of the 80's more.
ReplyDelete