Sunday, July 19, 2026

Frozen Dessert Delight

Hubby Tony left Thursday night for an event and returned this afternoon. While he was gone I had a great time arranging my own schedule and eating whatever I wanted to, including breakfast for dinner at home, a meal out with Son Donald, and a second meal out with just myself for company.

Although Tony traditionally cooks dinner on Sunday I told him I would take care of it tonight. There was some kale in the refrigerator that had to be used up, so I made Cookie and Kate's Farro and Kale Salad with Goat Cheese, which also includes toasted almonds, dried cherries or cranberries, and a flavorful vinaigrette. That healthy dinner meant that we could celebrate today's "holiday", National Ice Cream Day, by going out for dessert.

My classic hot fudge sundae was a delicious end to the weekend.

Five years ago today: Stopping The Burn

28 comments:

  1. It's so nice occasionally to have just yourself to please with food. The ice cream sounded good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoy the time when I don't have to consult with anyone about food and activities.

      Delete
  2. I have not had a hot fudge sundae in many many years! What a great treat- yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kale dish sounds delicious-Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It should be National Ice Cream Day EVERY day! Down with kale!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ice cream every day wouldn't be good for either my wallet or my waistline. I've grown to appreciate kale, but only if it's cooked or massaged to break down some of the stiffness.

      Delete
  5. Ending the day with a sweet treat makes for a good nights sleep.. I had a similar experience this past week. Sam had a dinner meeting, which meant I was left to fend for myself. I phoned our grandson and he joined me for dinner that evening...it was a special time..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One on one time with family is always treasured.

      Delete
  6. Sounds like fun, Kathy. The ice cream is definitely what I would be diving into. Kale?? Not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that cherry on top! Who was the first one ever to do that? Genius! 🍒

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh rats, I missed this holiday again. I will pretend it's Sunday tomorrow when I see some of my grandkids, ha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had a sundae last night too, over at my former neighbors place.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Classic hot fudge sundaes are my go-to whenever we go out for ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually limit myself to a cone or a scoop in a cup, but decided to celebrate the day big time.

      Delete
  11. Your sald sounds delightful, Then I read about and saw your sundae!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's always a good time for ice cream. Besides, with the situation with lettuce and fruit, you're staying healthy by eating ice cream! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised by how many of the produce items in my regular rotation were considered safe.

      Delete
  13. Even tho' I cannot eat Chocolate or Fudge, that was a very Editorial bit of Food Porn right there. It's been so Hot that anything Cold is a good choice right now.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My ideal ice cream growing up was chocolate with chocolate fudge sauce. I think that if I even looked at a fudge sauce, I would gain five pounds and put my sugar stats off the top of the graph. But, oh, it was delicious.

    ReplyDelete