Thursday, March 16, 2017

Cat Cleaners

Tomorrow, of course, is St. Patrick's Day. However, I'll be too busy to cook a traditional corned beef and cabbage dinner so I decided to serve it tonight.  After lunch I plopped the brisket in a baking dish, added the spice packet and a little water, then covered the whole thing with foil and put it in the oven to cook.  Two hours later I pulled it out of the oven to check for doneness. 

The good news was that it was tender.  The bad news is that I spilled some of the hot liquid, which ended up on me, the countertop, the cabinets, and the floor.

I thought I wiped everything down well with soapy water before I went upstairs to change my clothes.  However, the cats seemed to think otherwise.  When I came back into the kitchen they were doing an additional clean up on the stove.


I thanked them for their help, then grabbed the soap and washcloth again.

8 comments:

  1. Glad you weren't hurt. Happy St Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was very disappointed that most of the people at my work this year didn't wear green for St. Patty's Day. I made sure to pinch them though.

    I don't think I've ever had the traditional corned beef and hash dinner before. Sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I went about my day on Friday I was surprised how many people didn't have on any type of green. I hope your co-workers took your pinching in stride.

      And you've never had corned beef and cabbage?!?

      Delete
  3. Mmmm... The stove must have been delicious.

    ReplyDelete