Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Un-Idle

For the past week I've been working on a project which involves comparing and contrasting five local business organizations.  Each portion of the project involves a visit to a specific location, where I get to see what they do and hear what they offer.  That takes about an hour.  Then, when I get home I organize my notes (which takes approximately another hour) and fill out a report (which takes another 30-45 minutes). 

It's been a interesting but challenging activity that hasn't left me with a whole lot of extra time to do things like blogging or random internet surfing.  Today was the last of the visits, and I was looking forward to some serious sitting around and doing nothing.  However, right after I arrived back home I heard from the project organizer telling me that there was a second assignment available to do if I was interested.

After a bit of thought I decided to accept the second project.  The person is offering a fair rate of pay for the work involved and my bank account could always use some padding.  My lazing around will have to wait.

5 comments:

  1. Go make that dough, Kathy. Having to accept secondary jobs has kept me from a night or two of blogging. I want to make up for it tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like busy but fun for you too. Excellent job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being productive does feel good, right?

    ReplyDelete