Friday, October 9, 2026

The Calendar Says Fall, But The Thermometer Disagrees

October is more than a quarter of the way over. At this time of year, the highs in the St. Louis area are supposed to be somewhere between 68-72°F. Instead, today the high temperature might blow past the record of 89°F (which was set in 1938).

Yesterday I was at Aldi and noticed they had bagged peaches on sale. I thought that was kind of weird, because I associate peaches with summer, but the price was right and a bag came home with me. This morning I added one of them to my lunch bag. When I ate it hours later I realized that a peach was the perfect fruit for the summer-like day.

Pixnio

2 comments:

  1. Our weather is on track here in Toronto. October is beautiful with leaves changing but November is usually very cold, brr

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's going to calm down here soon. Hurricane rachel is heading this way and the temps are supposed to drop on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete