Monday, May 7, 2018

Closet Changing Season

Spring weather has finally arrived!  Time to put away the heavy clothes and celebrate the new season.

I actually started the job a couple of weeks ago when I moved the heavy flannel shirts from their prime real estate in the front of the closet and shoved them in the back. They stayed there until I got out the plastic bins that hold the off season clothing. I removed the summer items from the bins, then restocked them with the clothes I won't wear for months. (I left out some light color, lighter weight transitional tops for the cool days we inevitably get during the middle of the summer.)

It was a pleasure to remove the winter boots, loafers, and booties from the closet and replace them with flip flops and sandals.  Next, I packed up the cold weather accessories and replaced them with items that will work with the lighter weight clothes.

After I got finished with my clothes I moved on to the winter coats.  I washed both mine and Hubby Tony's.  They're now hanging neatly in the hall closet with all zippers, Velcro, and snaps fastened.  The gloves and scarfs are washed, matched and ready for next year.

Now that my personal things are straightened up I can move on to the rest of the house and the outside chores that need to be done.

Five years ago today: Cute Clothes

13 comments:

  1. Yay! Good for you! I remember those days well when we lived in Illinois. Now we have pretty much just one season so no more closet shifting. We do keep the guest room closet full of traveling clothes though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you ever get tired of wearing the same set of clothes all the time?

      Delete
  2. I did all this, too. Sadly, it has not stopped the furnace from coming on at night! Happy spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Last night we a little brisk, so we closed the windows in the kitchen before we went to bed. Upstairs it stays warm enough that we can enjoy the night breeze.

      Delete
  3. Good idea to put the out of season clothes in a tub. Out of sight, out of mind! Thanks for stopping by recently. Love your blog title...such a positive spin. I just told my husband this morning that I felt young today, almost like I was 50 again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are so organized, I wish....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you'll be getting out those warm weather clothes before you know it.

      Delete
  5. See, I could never live where it gets really cold...I don't have the wardrobe, nor the space. I guess homes in cold-weather areas have more closet space than we have in our little tract house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the size of a hours's closets are more a function of a house's age than where it's located.

      Delete
  6. Just today as I was doing laundry I was chuckling about this time of year when I have both long-sleeved shirts and shorts in the load! I guess you are right, though. I can probably clean and put away winter coats and mittens!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always an interesting time. Several years ago I got busy and forgot to wash the coats. They were still dirty and gross when the first cold weather came in the fall. Since then I make sure to take care of it.

      Delete
  7. I love switching over to warm weather clothes, they're so much more comfortable than the heavy sweaters and boots and winter necessities. Oh, and I love when I switch over from my winter to summer purses also.

    ReplyDelete