Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Random Pre-Thanksgiving Thoughts

Have you ever received a Thanksgiving card? A couple of days ago this showed up in my mailbox:


It came from my college alma mater. Inside, in addition to a pre-printed Happy Thanksgiving there was a handwritten note from a current student that said "Thank you for supporting my education" along with her name and graduation year.  I thought it was a nice thing for the school to do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today, in addition to all the normal chores and activities, I've been busy with pre-Thanksgiving meal cleaning and preparation.   Once again I'm hosting the extended family, but the majority of the food is being brought by other family members.  The house is in a bit of a shambles--the tablecloth is draped over chairs in the dining room, and a pile of napkins is set on a chair waiting for their once over with the iron.  I've made and cleaned up multiple cooking messes.  After dinner we'll start the dishwasher so it will be empty for the big load tomorrow.

The last dish I prepared was the pumpkin pies.  After I filled the two crusts I had extra custard, which I poured into a greased bowl ,microwaved, and ate.  Had to do something with it, right?


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After dinner I was going through some paperwork when I realized I had volunteered to attend a meeting tonight.  I had ten minutes to change my clothes, throw my coat on, and get out of the house.  Now, all of the tasks I had planned on doing tonight are pushed back until tomorrow.  Good thing our big meal isn't until the evening.

Five years ago today: Turkey Time!

5 comments:

  1. Pumpkin pie for me is the baked custard. Yum. I like the postcard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about making one of the two pies I made crustless, but since frozen shells come in sets of two in the end I used both of them.

      Delete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving and haha about the custard Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will get it all done, Kathy, and if you don't, who cares. Everyone will be thankful for the fun, food, and family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, what needs to get done will. I'm already lowering my standards as the day goes on.

      Delete