Friday, October 11, 2013

Sausage, Anyone?

One of the companies I liked on Facebook (a pizza restaurant) was nice enough to let me know that today was National Sausage Pizza Day.  

I'm all about celebrating food-related holidays, but I went out to eat yesterday and had no desire to do it again tonight.  I could have taken the time to make pizza dough, but the weather was beautiful and I wanted to be outside.  Hubby Tony and I decided to walk to the nearest grocery and buy ingredients for our meal.  Halfway there I had an inspiration.

Our entree was pizza with a Mexican twist...a flour tortilla "crust" baked until crisp, "sauce" of refried beans, melted cheddar cheese, and the chorizo I bought at the store.

 They didn't say the sausage had to be Italian!

Wouldn't it be nice to have a camera that takes round photos?

Five years ago today: New Thing #274--Forting

5 comments:

  1. Yum! I love Mexican...probably my most favorite!

    happy sausage day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great inspiration you got. I love any and all types of pizza.
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete