Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Mall Miscellany

  • Two women came up to me at the mall Customer Service desk saying they'd heard that one of the mall stores was a registration point for an upcoming charity walk. I hadn't heard anything, so I Googled it.  The first several results led to the website of a local radio station, the main sponsor of the walk, but when I clicked through I was greeted with a stark black-and-white graphic (which I'd never seen before) indicating the site had been blocked due to corporate policy.  I ended up using my phone to come up with the information, but I wonder why that Website had been restricted?
  • If customers ask, our desk gives out information about other mall departments.  The other day the manager of a department came up to the desk complaining we were giving out the wrong version of one of his forms.  There was only a slight difference between the two, but he'd been told not to use the incorrect one.  He tried to make it into our desk's fault, but I pointed out that since both versions had the same revision date (Month/Year) it was difficult to figure out.  I told him to email the correct version to my boss or make and give us a supply of the correct forms himself. 
  • This is the third fall I've worked at the desk, and the third time the Cardinals have made the baseball playoffs.  I decided to treat myself to a new pair of earrings to wear with my required black pants/white shirt "uniform":

Five years ago today: New Thing #265--Toilet Paper Origami

8 comments:

  1. can't believe it's your third fall already. Cute earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember our son's 4th grade teacher was a Cardinals fan in Chicago, the home of the Cubbies and the White Sox. He would occasionally wear Cardinals clothes. Our son developed an interest for the Cardinals then. Your earrings are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would think that a Cardinals fan in Chicago would be hard to find.

      Delete
  3. happy work anniversary! :) Cute earrings! At least your ears can have their own style! ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I'm planning on wearing the earrings every day there's a baseball game as long as the Cardinals are playing :-)

      Delete