Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A Little Fish In A Big Pond

According to BlogPulse, there are 144,637,323 blogs in existence. I don't know what percentage of those are active, but I figure mine is close to the bottom of the pecking order.

Today I received this e-mail:
Hello,
I just wanted to let you know that your website was featured in one of our our latest posts on The Travel Insurance Blog entitled 44 Family Vacation Stories.
Wow! What an ego boost. I've got a group of blogging buddies I've acquired over the years that are nice enough to stop in on a regular basis. Sometimes they even leave comments. But they feel more like friends. It was flattering to think I had strangers reading my ramblings, and they thought enough of them to pass them on to others!

I clicked over to The Travel Insurance Blog to check it out. It looks like a great resource, with travel insurance tips and lots of information about buying it. There's also some interesting non-travel insurance information, like the post I was part of, which linked to 44 different blogs that talked about the topic of vacations. Down near the bottom was mine, a post about my trip to Vancouver in July.

I'm always looking for great new blogs to add to my Reader, so I'll be spending a bit of time in the next couple of days browsing through some of my fellow traveler's stories.

7 comments:

  1. That's GREAT!
    what a compliment....smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love stuff like this that happens in blog land? Makes you realize you really are part of a bigger world. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow ... it really is a big pond!
    Congratulations :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is totally cool...you are famous now. How nice to be chosen.
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good things DO happen to good people! WTG!

    ReplyDelete